The slightly bitter taste of broccoli rabe is moderated in this method of preparation, and it can be enjoyed hot or cooled to room temperature.
- 2 Bunches Broccoli Rabe (about 2 pounds)
- 4 Tbs. Olive oil
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, sliced thin
- 1 hot cherry pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Cut away thick broccoli stems and wash in water. Cook the rabe in about two quarts of salted water for 8 to 10 minutes until tender, then drain. Heat the olive oil in a large fry pan and cook the garlic and cherry peppers over medium heat until the garlic is golden. Add the broccoli rabe, salt and pepper and cook about five minutes more.