- 1 lb Orecchiette (little ears) pasta
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 yellow zucchini, diced 1/4 inch thick (1 cup)
- 1 green zucchini, diced 1/4 inch thick (1 cup)
- 3 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- 2 bunches broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 yellow tomato, diced 1/4 inch thick (1 cup)
- 1 red plum tomato, diced 1/4 inch thick (1 cup)
- 12 medium shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 1 cherry pepper, chopped (optional)
- Fresh ground pepper
- Boil 8 cups water with 2 tbsp. salt. Then add the pasta, stirring so it does not stick together. Cook for five minutes. Next, add the zucchini and broccoli florets and cook until the pasta is al dente (about five more minutes).
- While the pasta and vegetables are cooking, sauté the garlic in oil over medium heat using a 10-inch skillet. When the garlic is golden-brown, lower the heat and stir in the tomatoes, cherry pepper, and shrimps. Sauté for 3 minutes, adding 4 tbsp. of water from the pasta.
- Drain the pasta and add the garlic, cherry pepper, tomato, and shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and mix well. Season to taste with salt and fresh ground pepper and serve immediately.
- This recipe will enlighten your taste buds while pleasing your eyes with its combination of colors. Buon appetito!