- 4 (8-ounce) skinless salmon fillets*
- 6 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, strained
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice, strained
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh sage, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup of flour
- Carefully chop all the herb spices and combine with bread crumbs in a bowl , mix well, add the salt and pepper and mix again.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°
- In a non-stick oven proof skillet heat 4 tablespoon of olive oil. Brush the salmon on all sides with the remaining 2 tablespoon olive oil. Dredge each salmon fillet in herb mixture, coating well. Then dredge in flour and sear in the skillet with the hot olive oil, for about 3 minutes each side. Drain the oil out of the skillet and add the wine, lemon and lime juice. This is called “deglaze”, but be careful, it is important you remove the pan from the flame when adding any liquids with alcohol so you don't end up with singed eyebrows. Transfer the salmon to the oven and cook for about 10 minutes. Divide the salmon in 4 serving plates, drizzle the remaining sauce on each piece and serve with your favorite vegetable or a nice salad.
- You can substitute the salmon with any other fillet of fish of your choice keeping in consideration cooking time will vary according to the thickness of the fish.