The orecchiette dish is deceptively simple, but the key to success is in the balance of the seasoning, (which is often the case in cooking.) Just allow enough time for the seasoning to take effect before you add more.
- 1 lb Orecchiette (little ears) Pasta
- 4 cloves Garlic, chopped fine
- 4 Tbs. Olive oil
- 2 Anchovy fillets, chopped fine
- 1 Cherry Pepper, sliced thin
- 3 Tbs. Grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Bunches Broccoli Rabe chopped
- Boil 8 cups water with 2 Tbs. salt and add the pasta. When the water returns to boiling, add the broccoli rabe and cook until pasta is al dente.
- While the pasta and broccoli rabe are cooking, sauté the garlic in oil over medium heat. When the garlic is golden, lower the heat and stir in the anchovies and cherry peppers with 4 Tbs. of water from the pasta.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli rabe, add the grated cheese and garlic & cherry pepper mixture. Mix well and serve immediately.