This recipe is in answer to many requests: the very popular Rigatoni alla Vodka. Avoid using a flavored vodka as it may add an unacceptable taste.
- 1 lb Rigatoni
- 1 Medium Onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup Prosciutto, chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 3 oz. Vodka
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Chopped Canned Tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Heat the butter and oil in a sauce pan. Add the onion and cook over low heat until golden. Add the prosciutto and stir for two minutes, then add the tomatoes and vodka (be careful, the vodka may ignite — cover the pan with a tight lid to extinguish the flame.) Add the cream, salt & pepper and bring to a low boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for for 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Cook the rigatoni as directed on the package. Mix the sauce and cheese with the drained pasta and serve immediately.