- 1/3 cup of Grey Poupon Country Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of orange juice
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 3 medium mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 cups of spinach leaves, cleaned
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound of bacon, diced small
- 2 large oranges or tangerines, peeled and sectioned
- 1 lb of small shrimp, cleaned and steamed
- 1/3 cup of Pecan Pieces, toasted
- 2 quarts of water
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 10 Peppercorns
- 1 quarter of a lemon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Boil 2 quarts of water in a large pot, season it with salt, pepper, 10 peppercorns, 2 bay leaves, quarter of a lemon, add shrimp and cook until shrimp turns pink and begins to float. This usually takes a couple of minutes. Drain, cool in an ice bath, and set aside.
- Peel the oranges or tangerines and divide into sections. Pull away and discard any white stringy bits.
- In a medium skillet, cook bacon over medium high heat until crisp. Drain on paper towel.
- Then add to the skillet vinegar, orange juice, honey, mustard, olive oil, bacon, and salt and pepper until blended. Heat dressing over medium heat for about 2 minutes.
- Place spinach, mushrooms, oranges or tangerine pieces, red onion, and shrimp in a large bowl. Then add the warm dressing, toss, and transfer to a serving platter. Sprinkle with the toasted pecans and serve immediately.